Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Restored Sears tandem


This was a referral from my father's coworker. She wanted it like new, and i told her that I make it ride like new, but retain the aged paint, because I think it's wrong to take the story from a bicycle frame. But, I also told her that if she wanted to do it later, I wouldn't hold it against her. Everything on this bike was rusted to the point of being seized, so I started with WD-40 on everything that needed to come off, so basically everything. 2 weeks of that and I stared the dis-assembly. I repacked the hubs, and bottom bracket, spent days rubbing off rust with steel wool, got the 3 new single speed chains that were needed, new tires (same brand and type as it came to me with), I got some new comfort type seats, some new pistol style grips (red to match the paint), and finally I cleaned the grime of time from the places that count.

No comments:

Post a Comment