Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Blue 1970 Schwinn Traveler


This one was donated to me by a friend with a few others. A Japan made Schwinn, I think assembled in Chicago. I spent time cleaning all the rust (almost all) from the chrome parts. I replaced the tires (very cool blue 27 x 1 1/4), tubes, strips, cables, housing, chain (a must!), and some new style blue foam bar tape. The bike has it's original "le tour" front D, and Schwinn approved rear. This was the first bike a used my new (to me...) wheel truing stand on, the results were impressive with the Japan made Area rims and properly lubed spokes! The bike rides amazingly, shifts smooth and is really something to behold as a part of cycling history.

UPDATE 12/2011- Sold for $220 to A loving home with other old Schwinn bikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment