Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ladies Cyclepro Skyline


This is another full restoration that I did over the summer. A mountain bike this time with 15 gears and cantilever brakes on a; 4130 Cr-mo steel step-though frame from the early 1980's I believe (one of the first mountain bikes). Cycle pro from what I could find out was an off shoot of Nishiki (I'm a big fan of Nishiki bikes). It has full shimano "deer's head" shifters, derailleurs, and brake lever's ("Deer's Head" later became Deore XT!) I replaced the bottom bracket with a sealed shimano UN-54. Then new cables, housing, chain, tubes, and best of all: I put Specialized Hemisphere 26 x 1.95 tires on the freshly cleaned and trued Area rims. Other then that the only thing not original is the crankset witch I replaced with a used but, more modern shimano Altus set. The bike rides amazingly smooth and quietly for a mountain bike and it would make an ideal touring bike with just a rack and bags....and maybe Mustache bars:)

2 comments:

  1. Cool. Ive been trying to find info on a Cycle pro rendezvous i have found and restored.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job. Hey I have a strange one a cyclepro skyline with 3 bars in the back. Anybody know anything about this??¿?? contact me

    ReplyDelete