Tuesday, November 16, 2010

4 stroke honda bicycle


This is my commuter for school and other long trips. Yet again I use the good old Hardrock. This one is a smaller frame then my touring bike at 17" rather then 20". The kit is from an American company called bikemotorparts. The website will give you all you need to know about making one of these bike for yourself, and how much it costs. I'm using the recommended Honda GX35 (35cc) 4 stroke OHC motor, and i run the smaller/ faster drive roller for speeds more then 30 mph and a flatland cruising speed around 27 mph. I added a box ($15 at Big 5) to the other side's motor mounts with some angle iron, I can't say if they still guarantee the kit if you do this sort of thing but, it helps to balance out the motor and, I've put 700 miles onto this box. the bike it's self has now just over 1000 miles. And I can say that it has been amazing! The only issue is that wet weather can make you lose traction with the drive roller, so i tend to keep it to dry days.

No comments:

Post a Comment