Sunday, December 26, 2010

Burningman!

This passed burningman festival (2010) I took the opportunity to clear out my shop a little bit. Fortunately, I live in the bay area, so all I really needed to do was post a craigslist ad 1 day before the start of the festival and sure enough 4 cheap, but working "burner's" were headed to the desert.


This was once my main bike, when I was 15 I got it at a garage sale for $15 and i had kept it up rather well. Just an inexpensive 20 inch BMX with a beefy steel frame... The Diamondback Joker. I sold it to a guy for $60, and it hurt.


This is a Magna 24 inch MTB that i made into a single speed. I was basicly given it as a wrecked bike with another wreaked bike that I did pay for. This baby got dusty for $30.


This bike had one of the best names for a bike I've ever come across. It's called: "Giant" "Attraction"...from the Giant bicycle company. It's a very small framed 26 inch MTB with a hefty steel frame and wheels. A woman picked this one up on her way for $40.


This Diamondback Sorrento Was given* to me by a good friend along with the above "attraction"... I took the descent components for my parts bin and made a single speed out out it. It sold last minute to a grateful guy going for his first time for an easy $60... It's a good frame and he told me he would like to set it up for touring once he got back.. I encouraged and we talked bike for a while, to bad i didn't have my business cards at the time.

Next year, life permitting I may Go to Burningman myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment